That sound you?ve been searching for. Your sound. Your signature.
From its perfect frequency spread to the ridiculous dynamic response held inside, I think you?ll find this little silver box as not only totally indispensable, but much more of its own instrument than a pedal.
Like all Mr. Black pedals, this finely crafted instrument was entirely handmade in the industrial South-Easy side of Portland, Oregon U.S.A.
- The JDS-50 isn?t hard to work with.
- Connect your guitar to the input jack (cleverly marked ?IN?) and your amp to the output jack (aptly labeled ?OUT?).
- Start with all the knobs set to noon and kick it on.
- Grab a strong chord and adjust the controls to find exactly where you like em. It?s totally okay if you find five or six different tones you really like right away.
- Clear, full, articulate and natural overdrive that seamlessly integrates with nearly every pedal and amp setup out there.
- Three extra-simple controls.
- 100% True-bypass
- 9VDC power (2.1mm negative center pin adapter) or internal 9V battery
- MASTER: Adjusts total output level
- Full CCW: No output (mute)
- Full CW: Lots of output
- TONE: Adjusts high-end content
- Full CCW: Darker and smoother
- Full CW: Brighter and clearer
- DRIVE: Adjusts overdrive-saturation
- Full CCW: Nearly totally clean
- Full CW: Lots of saturation
- BYPASS SWITCH: Toggles on/off
- LED on: THAT?S IT!!
- LED off: That?s NOT it.
- Tech stuff:
- Input impedance: ~500K
- Output impedance: ~20K
- Bypass: True-Bypass
- Current draw: ~8mA
- Power requirement: 9VDC adapter or 9V battery