Greer Amps Tarpit FuzzDas Tarpit Fuzz basiert auf der spät 70er IC Big Muff Version. Eine reine Kopie wäre langweilig, darum hat Greer Amps den Reglebereich der Potis deutlich erweitert. Mit zugedrehtem Sustain Regler klingt das Pedal dunkel, fuzzy und bröselig, dreht man das Sustain Poti auf, wird der Sound brillianter, obertonreicher - Fuzz und Sustain nehmen deutlich zu.
- Effekt-Typ: Fuzz
- Bauart: Analog
- Mono/Stereo: Mono In, Mono Out
- Regler: Volume, Tone, Sustain
- Bypass Modus: True Bypass
- Stromversorgung: 9VDC, Center negative
- Stromverbrauch: k. A.
- Batteriebetrieb: Batteriebetrieb möglich
- Batterie-Typ: 9V Block
- Gehäuseformat: Medium Size
- Produktionsland: Made in USA
- High Grade Bauteile
The Tarpit is built in a rugged powdercoated aluminum enclosure, with printed graphics, designed by Nick DePartee (an awesome graphic designer, and former guitarist for the band Kutless). We chose the most awesome metallic blue powdercoat color that we could track down, and had the graphics set in black and white. The Tarpit features custom Oxblood control knobs by Davies (these knobs are currently available in a limited supply).
With the Sustain control set low, the Tarpit can get dark, and spitty, with a low gain, almost gated feel. Increasing the Sustain control has a double effect?the Tarpit gets slightly brighter, and the fuzz, sustain, and harmonics all increase. The wide sweep tone control brings a new level of versatility to the Tarpit. Turning the tone control down cuts treble, and boosts bass frequencies; setting the tone control in the middle, or slightly above, allows for full guitar and bass frequencies to come out. If you want to get really crazy, push the tone control higher, and you?ll get into some AM radio type frequencies. The volume control utilizes a slightly later taper on the potentiometer. We did this in an effort to allow the user to get their awesome sustain and fuzz at lower volumes when needed?never fear, though, the Tarpit can get as loud as you need it to!
The Tarpit can run off of a battery, or a standard 2.1mm, negative center pin power supply. We placed the in and out jacks along the top of the pedal, as well as the DC jack, in an effort to help with pedalboard layout. The output jack is closest to the volume control.
- Vintage Muff tones, ranging from spitty fuzz to over the top sustain
- Wide sweep tone control, for boosted bass tones, or peaked out highs
- Based on a rare, vintage Big Muff Pi, utilizing two IC's, instead of the normal transistorized version
- Beautiful blue metallic powdercoated enclosure
- Black and white printed graphics, designed by Nick DePartee (former guitarist for Kutless)
- Limited Oxblood colored Davies control knobs
- Hand wired in Athens, GA
- True Bypass
- Uses 9-Volt battery or standard neg. center, 2.1mm power supply
- Built with top quality components